Initial Volunteering Opportunities in 2017
The parkland restoration project is recruiting volunteers to help out with the project over the coming months. In particular we are looking for volunteers in the following areas:-
Help and support for our core project team
- Volunteer co-ordination support
- General office support – filing, data entry, etc.
Education, young people and family activity support
- Supporting our work with schools and young people on a regular basis (We are currently looking for support on two dates in May 3rd and the 17th)
Young Archaeologists’ Club
- Assistant club leaders for 2 hour morning sessions on the 1st Saturday of every month.
Wild flower recording and habitat monitoring
- The first session will run from May 15th to the 26th
- The second session will run from August 14th to the 25th
- No previous knowledge required – all training will be provided.
- Regular tours will be starting at Easter. We are looking for volunteers to take 2 hour Parkland Restoration tours on a Friday afternoon and 1 hour Garden History Tours on Wednesday afternoons.
- No previous knowledge require – all training will be provided.
If you would like to sign up or find out more please contact Louise Austin – Heritage Officer
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01558 667178.