Below is the list of rules for the designated days when dogs can come to the National Botanic Garden:
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and under the control of their owners. Extendable leads are not permitted.
- To protect our plant collections, please keep your dogs on the path or on grassy areas. Dogs are not permitted to walk on flower beds or borders, as they may damage our rare plants.
- For reasons of security and safety, Dogs are not permitted in:
- The Great Glasshouse
- The Tropical House
- The British Bird of Prey Centre
- The Children’s Play Area
- Please be a responsible dog owner, clean up after your pet and dispose of it in the bins provided.
- Please do not leave dogs unattended at any time.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted in the garden. The National Botanic Garden of Wales reserves the right to refuse entry to, or remove, any dog thought to be dangerous to visitors or other dogs.
- Please do not bring your Dog to the Garden if it is on heat.
- Guide Dogs & Assistance dogs are always welcome.
Most importantly, we ask that you use good judgement on all matters concerning your dog. This will ensure an enjoyable and safe visit for you, your pet and our visitors. Thank you.