The outdoor areas of the National Botanic Garden of Wales are open
We’re thrilled to be welcoming our visitors and members back to the Botanic Garden.
Now that we have reopened, we hope that you will enjoy the restored parkland. Take a look at the maps situated around the Garden and go and explore the great outdoors!
Tickets can be purchased on the day at the Gatehouse or prebooked on our website.
Admission tickets are valid for the following 7 days after your visit and permit free unlimited entry for this period.
Due to Welsh Government restrictions –
- All indoor areas remain closed including the Great Glasshouse.
- The cafe remains closed for food*. However, our Garden Centre is open, Y Cwtsh and Pot Blodyn Cafe are open for hot & cold drinks, ice cream and light snacks.
- The Bird of Prey Centre remains closed**. You can, however, book a private flying experience.
- Please adhere to social distancing.
Toilets are open, and we ask that you wear face coverings and adhere to social distancing.
The children’s play area is open.
The Siop Botanica (gift shop) is open.
* Takeaways will be available from the 26th of April.
** The Bird of Prey Centre will be reopening on the 26th of April!
How about becoming a member?
By becoming a member of the Botanic Garden, not only will you be supporting our charity and helping us to carry out essential research, but members can also enjoy a range of benefits:
- Free entry for the duration of your membership.
- Members’ coffee mornings; talks, tours and trips to other gardens
- Annual garden party – a special ‘members-only’ day including talks, workshops and events
- Varied and full events calendar throughout the year: talks, concerts, food and craft fairs, music, theatre, and horticultural events