Conservation, inspiration, education
The National Botanic Garden of Wales is a charity dedicated to the research and conservation of biodiversity, to sustainability, lifelong learning and the enjoyment of the visitor.
We have the following goals to
- Be a centre for integrated plant conservation at a local, national and international level
- Be an internationally recognised centre for plant sciences research
- Develop and maintain the gardens and other collections to the highest curatorial presentational standards
- Provide exemplary formal and informal education and interpretation for all ages and abilities, promoting the understanding of the connection between people, plants, the environment and their role in a sustainable future.
- Be a successful leading visitor attraction within the UK, offering an outstanding experience and value for money to the visitor
- Develop and maintain the infrastructure and staffing to meet the needs of the institution
- Create a financially sustainable institution
- Become an iconic Welsh institution
To do this we will
- Be collaborative, internally and externally
- Be sustainable, both environmentally and financially.
- Communicate our relevance to all different audiences and stakeholders
- Work in an effective and integrated way
- Demonstrate best practice
- Be innovative
- Foster a culture of mutual respect amongst trustees, staff, volunteers, members, visitors and stakeholders.